NOTIFICATIONS - SCHOOL OF BIOTECHNOLOGY
School of Biotechnology(SCBT) offers admissions into Ph.D Programmes in the field of biotechnology.
MGNIRSA invites applications form for short-term/long term training programs in Life Science for students. These short term/Long term training programmes are designed for academically determined students and research candidates. We assist students in better understanding on a scientific problem and formulating the projects according to their keen of interest.
In this training program, we offer a number of modules with hands on training to all life science students & Pharmacy. To ensure high efficiency and optimum results of this program our laboratory having necessary instrumentation and facilities. Our Training programs are designed to suit the needs for research in Biotech & Pharma Industry.
The duration of the project is for a period of 3, 6 & 12 months.
Areas of Research Work
Following are the areas of research proposed to be carried out in the fields of Molecular Biology:
- DNA isolation from Blood & Tissue.
- Quantitative and Qualitative analysis of Nucleic Acids.
- Agarose gel Electrophoresis.
Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Primer designing for gene of interest
- Standardization of primer conditions
- Conventional PCR, Allele specific PCR
- Restriction analysis - Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism (RFLP).
- Single Standard Confirmation Polymorphism (SSCP).
Cytotoxity Assay :
-- MTT Assay
-- Commet Assay
- Sterilization Methods
- Cell counting
- Preparation of Media
- Sub culturing
- Trypsinization and Cell seeding
- Cell counting and Cell Viability
The fee structure for the project work is as follows:
1. For 3 months duration: Rs.12,000 For Bio-technology
2. For 6 months duration: Rs.15,000 For Bio-technology
3. For 12 months duration: Rs.25,000 For Bio-technology
(A) Seminars / Conferences / Workshops
(B) Projects Submitted
- Seminar on “Modern Trends in Biotechnology and Sustainable Rural Development”, 20th - 21st July, 2001.
- National Seminar on “Recent Advances in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics” 24th - 25th July, 2006.
- National Seminar on “Genome Analysis in the Post-Genomic era and its Relevance to Society” 26th - 28th October, 2007
- National Seminar on “Recent Advances in Development of Biomarkers for Cancer Prognosis and Treatment”, 22nd - 24th January, 2010.
- National Conference on “Frontiers in Biological Sciences: Factors contributing to Diabetes Mellitus Leading to Cardiac Dysfunction” 24th September, 2011
- National Seminar on “Impact of Climate Change and Industrial Pollution on Biodiversity and the Need for Community Conservation Initiative” 28th & 29th March, 2012
(C) Ph.D Programme
- Major Research Project on “Functional Characterization of Rice Cytochrome P450 Enzymes through Structure Activity Approaches” submitted to University Grants Commission (UGC) for approval by School of Biotechnology (SCBT).
- Minor Research Project on “Epidemiological Study on Cashew Plantation Workers of Uddanam, Srikakulam District, Andhra Pradesh” submitted to University Grants Commission (UGC) for approval by School of Biotechnology (SCBT).
- AD-HOC Research Project on “Malaria susceptibility among the Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Community of North Costal Andhra Pradesh” submitted to Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) for approval by School of Biotechnology (SCBT).
Among the 27 Research Scholars of our Institute 11 Scholars have obtained Doctorate from the University of Mysore, out of which 7 Research Scholars are from School of Biotechnology (SCBT).
Contact For Details:
MAHATMA GANDHI NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND SOCIAL ACTION (MGNIRSA)
SCHOOL OF BIOTECHNOLOGY(SCBT)
Street No. 17, Gagan Mahal Road, Domalaguda
Hyderabad 500029, Andhra Pradesh, India
Phone: 91-40-27672492 & 91-40-27664920